Most Sci High alumni go on to college, stay in New Orleans, and make a difference in our local economy. Among our alums – Shamarr Allen, an acclaimed trumpet player; David Biery, a Presidential Scholar who majored in international finance at Harvard; and Jimani Mwendo, a dentist and one of four siblings to attend Sci High.
Here are a few statistics that fill out the picture:
- 68% of the 2011 graduating class enrolled in post-secondary education following graduation.
- 75% of Sci High graduates enroll in college within two years of graduation.
- 80% of Sci High graduates enroll in college
- 83% or Sci High students enrolled in college return to college for their sophomore year.
- Of the Sci High graduates who enroll in college, 84.5% enroll at a college or university in New Orleans.
- 34.6% of graduates enroll at Delgado
- 18.6 % of graduates enroll at the University of New Orleans
- 13.6% enroll at Xavier University of Louisiana
- 6.4 % enroll at Dillard
- 6.8% enroll at Tulane
- 3.4% enroll at Loyola
- 1.1% enroll at Holy Cross